Inside freezing up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside freezing up!

Hi, with the delayed cold snap that we are starting to experience now. Has anyone had any issues of the inside of the windscreen and rear window freezing up?
    Today, there was a sheet of Ice on the inside of my windscreen, nothing on the outside! Should this occur on a brand new car?
    If so, does anyone know how I can stop it? My Aircon is pretty much on all the time.
    If no, is this a warranty job?
    Any advice would be appreciated :confused:

condensate water... that happens time to time depending on the inside/outside temperature and humidity!

Comment

Easy solution ... reduce humidity in car by not breathing.

Comment

Maybe Your Windscreen Isn't Air-Tight ?

Id Have A Chat With Your Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
          Easy solution ... reduce humidity in car by not breathing.
          ahaha)))) not a solution mate.... i think he means in the morning after night... not while driving, that would've been interesting))))))) Zack that wouldn't depend on it... on the contrary that would've been better cuz the hot air would leave the car faster and wouldn't freeze on the windshield!

Comment

Sounds like the inside of your car is a bit damp. Try going for a blast with the windows down to clear out the damp air.

Comment

Originally posted by joeking27 View Post
              Sounds like the inside of your car is a bit damp. Try going for a blast with the windows down when it's not raining to clear out the damp air.
              lol

Comment

Stick you hand under your drivers seat, there is a gap in the carpet to allow access, slide your hand under the foam and see if it is damp. If so then there is water coming in from the spare wheel well and you should go and see your dealer.
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                  Stick you hand under your drivers seat, there is a gap in the carpet to allow access, slide your hand under the foam and see if it is damp. If so then there is water coming in from the spare wheel well and you should go and see your dealer.
                  thanks for the replies. Biggie as helpful as ever, Gar....... :rolleyes:
                  Does this happen to anyone else? Ill check under my seat to see if there is damp.

Comment

hasnt happened with us althoguh the corsa did it and it was brand new just assumed it was part of it being a corsa tbh lol

Comment

Ive been having problems with clearing steam on the inside on the windows whatever I try it doesnt seem to work its been taking at least 10 mins to just about be able to see

Comment

Originally posted by Jelhead View Post
                        Ive been having problems with clearing steam on the inside on the windows whatever I try it doesnt seem to work its been taking at least 10 mins to just about be able to see
                        Well I would say you have a leak somewhere ..............I would never expect a new car to have ice or steam on the inside unless you ahve a doggin habit
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Look in your boot where the spare wheel goes I had this screen freezing and there was a swimming pool in the boot

Comment

Iv had the same problem with my back window, a thin layer of ice on the inside. so once iv de-iced the back window i end up with water marks on the inside.
                            “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

Working...
                            X