Ds3 wiper pump not working???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 wiper pump not working???

I have a problem that I have left for nearly 8 months and my MOT is due next month so I have no choice to try and fix it . The water is not coming out of both wipers, I can't even hear the pump. I have searched around and notice this is a common problem on the DS3'S and replacing the fuse fixes the problem. Well how unlucky am I.... the fuse has not blown, but I changed it anyway and still no water or any sound of the pump

How much does it cost to change the water pump and is it a easy job? where is it located?

Any help much appreciated

Have you replaced the 10A fuse with a 15A?
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
      Have you replaced the 10A fuse with a 15A?
      Yeah, this is key. Happened to my 2015 DS3 and my current 2017 one. It seems they blow when you switch your engine in cold weather... I know it's been hot but it's worth trying before forking out

Comment

The thing is when i checked the fuse, there's no sign of it being blown in the first place, it looks completely normal. I am not sure if i replaced it with a 15a I will have to look tomorrow.

Comment

Mine didn't look any different either, but replaced it with a 15A and all good. Leaving your DS3 without washers for 8 months is a little..... er...... risky.

Comment

Looks like I replaced it with a 15a fuse What I will do is swap it with another 15a fuse from one in the fuse box and if that still dont work then I get the pump has gone. I will report back later on my findings

Comment

All sorted! looks like i brought a dodgy 15a fuse. I swapped it with the fuse for the horn and bingo it works lol I will just buy some micro fuses off ebay thanks for all the help

Comment

Result!

Treat yourself to a club sticker to celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by Youngey View Post
                  All sorted! looks like i brought a dodgy 15a fuse. I swapped it with the fuse for the horn and bingo it works lol I will just buy some micro fuses off ebay thanks for all the help
                  No probs. That's what we are here for! Glad it's sorted. Don't wait 8 months next time though

Comment

Working...
                  X