"Hesitant" DS3 when accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hesitant" DS3 when accelerating

Hi all - long time reader/first time poster.

I have a 65 plate DS3 Puretech 1.2 that I've had from new, so it's coming up to decision time in December as to whether to buy it outright on the PCP deal (approx £5.5k balloon payment) or switch - so am keen for your thoughts on this issue.

I've noticed occasionally, when accelerating (typically between 50-70mph) that the power can temporarily drop as such, before kicking in - as if the car is slightly hesitating before it's doing what it should.

Any ideas what this could be, as obviously if it's a warranty-fixable problem, I'll want it sorted before December

Thanks in advance!

I was practically in the same position as you. My personal thoughts are that the powers that be want everyone to be on the treadmill of PCP, forever paying for a car you'll never really own...

That is a topic within itself that I'd be happy to rant out but to answer your question, you could do what I have done but it depends on your personal circumstances.

I had a 15 plate DS3 1.2 Puretech (great car) and it had I think about 25K on it.

I traded it in and went on the finance package where you pay a little longer, pay abit more but no balloon payment at the end (i wouldn't have 5K+ by the end). This way, I don't have to worry about mileage limitations and the crippling balloon payment either, it would just be paid off as time goes on.

If circumstances change (for the better!) then I can pay more off reducing the time it takes at no extra cost.

Hope that helps and makes sense, feel free to keep asking questions. There's plenty of people who will no doubt help too

Comment

Put he car in under warranty and they will run diagnostics, maybe fuel pump
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks for your replies back - I should have proof-read it, as I meant advice on the acceleration issue and not the PCP That said any discussion on PCP always welcome... it looks as if my car is going to be worth a good grand or so more than the balloon payment, and my renewal date is mid December so should they want to cut me a deal that means I pay a good chunk less each month I may well go that route, but with loans so cheap I'm likely to go down that route and then keep it for another year or two I think.

Thanks for the reply chris_blue - it's quite sporadic when it does this but it is noticeable. I've got a service booked for a few weeks time but not sure they would look at this at the same time if I asked them, but will give it a go.

Comment

Ah right, so sorry! Please let us know how you get on, if it's mechanical then warranty should sort it out.

Try not to let them palm you off with any 'wear and tear' BS.

Comment

you could get a code reader and plug it in to see if any fault codes are stored on the ECU. Then you will know there is a fault
            An engine hesitation will throw up a fault code
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
            X