Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight mis at idle

Hi guys

Ive had a lumpy idle on my 155 sincesi got it a few months back and i just cant solve it so far its had

New spark plugs
    Walnut blast (cured hesitation between 2-3k)
    Hpfp (seems slightly better, and pressures now holding but no cigar)

​​​​​​Other than this it drives spot on, nice quiet engine, good mpg, pulls well, no excessive oil use etc.

Any ideas?

Kyle

what fuel? sounds like a fuelling or electrical issue- that's where I would start. Try Shell V-Power
    Plugs correct and gapped ok?
    leads all good- maybe swap out leads

get a tin of BGK 44 and give the car a good burn up.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Running half way through my first tank of v power
      ​​​​​​
      ​​​​​​Spark plugs new, checked gap out the box
      Leads? Not sure if im being stupid but do you mean ht leads? Cause this is on pencil coils straight on too the plugs
      ​​​​

Comment

Thought about the injectors? yes- I was thinking HT Leads.
        Have you checked for fault codes via the OBD- Spect somebodys checked that already?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yeah I've thought about them but can't find people having issues with them without it being caused by a failed hpfp, as far as I've aware this hasn't had one completely fail but it's a definitely a possible cause

No codes etc, all seems good on torque app, never had live data taken with a proper diagnostic kit tho

Comment

Originally posted by Belle-ile-blue-ds3 View Post
            Yeah I've thought about them but can't find people having issues with them without it being caused by a failed hpfp, as far as I've aware this hasn't had one completely fail but it's a definitely a possible cause

No codes etc, all seems good on torque app, never had live data taken with a proper diagnostic kit tho
            No codes- that's strange. is your air filter all clean and new?
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

how many miles the engine done
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

New mtc induction kit fitted, fault was present before this tho

​​​​​44k on the clock, seems worse with ac on. Does seem like fuel to me

Comment

P. S cheers for the help by the way

Comment

I had torque pro blutooth, and that missed fault codes. If its misfiring I cant see why there is no fault code. Maybe get hold/ borrow a decent reader
                    Thought about the fuel filter?
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

One of my work friends has got a scan tools ill double check with that when i can, to be fair it's not a bad miss just a lumpy
                      Think the fuel filter is built in to the pump ?

Took some readings yesterday

Timing is good, jamie at sp said it was spot on when he done the walnut blast a few weeks back.
                      Unsure of Injectors, or a way of diagnosis without just removing and getting them cleaned and tested.
                      Ltft1 is - 3.1%
                      Intake pressure is 5.8 psi, what I don't under stand as it's at about 10hg vacuum on the boost display.
                      Ignition advance is fluctuating from - 1.5 to 6.5 degrees
                      O2 1 is fluctuating from 0.1 to 0.8v
                      02 2 is holding pretty steady at 0.8v
                      A lot oh these readings don't mean much to be hopefully they do too you?

Comment

One of my work friends has got a scan tools ill double check with that when i can, to be fair it's not a bad miss just a lumpy
                        Think the fuel filter is built in to the pump ?

Took some readings yesterday

Timing is good, jamie at sp said it was spot on when he done the walnut blast a few weeks back.
                        Unsure of Injectors, or a way of diagnosis without just removing and getting them cleaned and tested.
                        Ltft1 is - 3.1%
                        Intake pressure is 5.8 psi, what I don't under stand as it's at about 10hg vacuum on the boost display.
                        Ignition advance is fluctuating from - 1.5 to 6.5 degrees
                        O2 1 is fluctuating from 0.1 to 0.8v
                        02 2 is holding pretty steady at 0.8v
                        A lot oh these readings don't mean much to be hopefully they do too you?
                        No, not to me either. I thought fuel filter was in the fuel tank, but I could be wrong. am on several forums and think abouyt several cars LOL
                        Lumpy idle, or lumpy under stress (Accelerating)

It sends me staright back to fuel pump, possibly dirty injectors but at 44k miles sounds a bit early
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yeah that's what I've been told, presumably this is accessed from under the rear seats?

I'm leaning more towards Injectors but it makes no sense, if i hold the revs up slightly it is perfect. It's only with no throttle input it is lumpy. Cars testing me already

Comment

Yeah that's what I've been told, presumably this is accessed from under the rear seats?

I'm leaning more towards Injectors but it makes no sense, if i hold the revs up slightly it is perfect. It's only with no throttle input it is lumpy. Cars testing me already
                            I have the same problem with lumpy idle. Everything else works great. Professional Wynns injector cleaning done, new spark plugs, ignition coils, intake valves cleaned, timing done, hpfp pump changed. I believe it has something to do with valve cover and PCV valve not working as it should. Valve covers are known to be an issue on very low mileage cars. My car has 80k km.

Comment

How about popping into the local Citroen dealer and ask to speak to the lead technician
                              Ive done this before but seemed to know more about the cars issues than him (So he was suggesting)

That was when they tried to flog me a Brand new DS3 Racing for £26k ! Must have been about 2012
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X