new brake discs and pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new brake discs and pads

Hello, my princes just passed her MOT as her discs were worn. I decided that I will remap her so I will upgrade her brakes with EBC grooved discs front and back with green stuff disc pads. What size tools do I need? The front is easy but what size socket do I need for the back? Will I need an impact screwdriver for the front? She is a 2014 THP. Thanks for your help.

Just did the front discs and pads, in total 4 bolts and 2 screw on either side. Took me 2 3/4 hours that included talking to neighbours as well. You will need a Torq X (star socket) 55 and 30, spanners 13, 19(the brake calliper is secured by a bolt and a nut) a torque wrench that can handle 105Nm(tx55 for the bracket), Loctite for all the bolts and a breaker bar just in case(stubborn bolts, did not need one), hammer to get the disc off and copper grease for the pads and brake piston retractor. . That is it, also axle and wheel chucks stands to be safe. Next week I will be doing the back ones. From what I have found out the rear brake pistons have to turned; you can get special tools for that. I will use needle nose mole grips for that have to work one side will be clockwise and the other anti. That is it folks, hope this will help somebody.

Comment

yes, did my front pads and discs recently
      Had 3 quotes ranging from £220 to £280

2 hrs later and mine were done for £47- price of parts
      Good luck :-)

Have some brake disc spray cleaner to hand, to clean the new discs prior to fitting
      Trolley jack and axle stands good too
      I used a G clamp to push the piston back- undo brake reservoir lid whilst doing it, and do it slowly as not to reverse the rubber seals
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
      X