No power to esp switch on ds3 sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to esp switch on ds3 sport

So my car has just failed it’s mot, they have put in onto the diagnostics which states codes c1390 engine torque regulation and c1391 engine torque fault.... they have checked all the abs fuses and they are all fine but there is no power to the esp switch, the garage are thinking an abs control module fault.... can anyone shed some light on this? There is no issue with the actual brakes when driving hence why I have not picked up on this and no error message coming up internally when driving.
    It is booked into a Citroen dealer to have a deeper investigation but I don’t want to spend thousands as I also need welding done to the underneath that’s going to cost a bomb (the car is modified and the person that did it used rivets instead of welding and it’s within 30cm of the suspension....
    I’ve had no end of issues with this car.... I’m at my wits end and ready to trade it in.

Welcome to the Club. Seems you have a Friday motor, or more probably one that someone who don't know what they are doing has tinkered with
    Best left to the experts I think. Electrical problems are a pain, but check the earthing

If all fuses are OK, and there is no power, something has either been deliberately disconnected, or you have a broken wire/ circuit somewhere

What issues have you had, and did you purchase from a dealer. Age? Miles? general condition?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Welcome to the club and forum Peafluff . What did your DS3 fail on? Have you had your car modified since the last MOT? If so, is it possible something you have had done may have contributed to this problem? Any electrics or brake stuff changed?
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

FunkyChris_Blue I bought the car about 2.5 years ago, a family member had it for2 years before me, it’s a ds3 sport on a 2010 plate. Only done 76000 miles, it is a good looking car (apart from where I reversed into a post). it was already modified so we have made no changes what so ever to it, the guy that did the mods to it traded it in it. It’s been lowered, front end changed, but the issue being that where the exhaust has been changed from single to double, the underneath has been modified to fit it, where they put the metal plate in they have used rivets instead of welding, the car has passed the mot’s since he had done it, the garage went back over it all and it’s never been mentioned on an mot previously which is why I’m querying the failure this time (past 3 years has been passed by an actual Citroen garage). No one has ever picked up on the no power to the esp switch, and I’ve never been inclined to touch it so I don’t know whether perhaps it’s been disconnected on purpose or whether it’s a new thing. I have just had the back brakes and discs done by nothing else with regards to brakes.
        Since I’ve had the car I’ve had the heater fixed x2, air con motor replaced, windscreen wiper motor replaced, injectors replaced (no one warns you on the cost of them), issues with the DPF, the list goes on with small niggley bits that add up and take the car off the road.
        I love my car, But I’m clueless on what I can do with the issues.

Comment

Sorry forgot to say it failed on just the esp button having no power and the riveted plate underneath.

Comment

Have to say I've not heard of this issue before. The only suggestion I have (which I'm sure you know isn't gonna be cheap) is go to a Citroën garage again and see what they find. Did you take it to an independent garage this time for its MOT? I take you are having to remove this riveted plate too?

Comment

Yes it was taken to an independent garage this time (I now regret this) it’s going off to the Citroen garage next week.... once I know the issue I will update.... and yep the riveted plate needs to be replaced much to my annoyance but I’m more worried about the cause of the button issue...

Comment

Just thought I would update.....
                so the car has been to the dealer and they have updated the software, this has cleared the fault. so all is good with with the eps and abs now.

Comment

Originally posted by Peafluff View Post
                  Just thought I would update.....
                  so the car has been to the dealer and they have updated the software, this has cleared the fault. so all is good with with the eps and abs now.
                  Good news!! Thanks for the update. Have you had the riveted plate changed and has it passed the MOT now?

Comment

Yes, that's one to the Citroen dealers then
                    Glad its sorted
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Funky im having the plate done the end of the week and hopefully it will sail through the mot after that.... I do miss my beast....

Comment

Originally posted by Peafluff View Post
                        Funky im having the plate done the end of the week and hopefully it will sail through the mot after that.... I do miss my beast....
                        Fingers crossed Peafluff

Comment

Working...
                        X