Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help with clicking noise?

I have a 2012 1.6 120bhp petrol Citroen DS3 DStyle +

My problem with my car is it has developed a clicking sound when turning at slow speeds, this is most present when I stop at give away points or mini roundabouts and proceed to turn when pulling away.

The clicking sound is not present at faster roundabouts or at faster speeds on the motorway while changing lanes etc.

I did consider whether it was a CV boot problem but the car has only done 20k miles so it seems too low to be that and visually they look just fine.

It sounds like it comes from somewhere in the front and it's present while turning left or right but like above, only at slow speeds.

Anyone got any ideas on what the issue could be or anyone else encountered the same problem?

checked out the PAS?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      checked out the PAS?
      No I haven’t and wouldn’t know how. (Apologies if that’s me being a noob but I’m not overly mechanically minded)

It seems to me that this will be a garage job for piece of mind as people have been suggesting different things elsewhere and I’d rather someone look that knows that they’re doing.

Just thought I’d ask to see if there was anything obvious I’ve missed.

Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

Could one of your inside panels in the wheel arch area be loose? So when you turn your wheel, it's catching on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ohmygoditsme View Post

It seems to me that this will be a garage job for piece of mind as people have been suggesting different things elsewhere and I’d rather someone look that knows that they’re doing.
          Probs for the best. Let us know what they find.
          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Yes. get the Pro's on it. otherwise its just guessing....
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by DeeKayEcks View Post
              Could one of your inside panels in the wheel arch area be loose? So when you turn your wheel, it's catching on it?
              Everything looked ok to me but as above no expert.

Car is now booked in to local garage will update when I know more. (Hopefully they can find it! *fingers crossed*)

Comment

Update...

I got the car back from the garage and they’ve had a look, they said it’s the CV boot. It looks like it’s either been repaired or replaced at some point in the past. When it was put back on, whoever did the job didn’t put it back on properly and it was losing the grease.

The mechanic recommended it’s totally safe to drive and as there is plenty of life left in it... it’s not worth replacing now. Overtime it will get worse and that’s when they’ll replace it.

Mind at rest now I know

Comment

Phew, least you know

Treat yourself to a DS3 club sticker to celebrate.

Comment

Working...
                  X