Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Sport clutch noise

Hi Guys,

Trying to find some answers about a noise coming from my clutch when i find biting point in 1st gear or reverse. I bought the DS3 sport 64 plate last December from Arnold Clark, 9.5k miles on the clock. Cracking little car, very low milage, thought i had a steal.

problems started after leaving it for 2 weeks over christmas while i was away. Came back, jumped in the car and as i moved off i got only what i can describe as a hoot noise, like a dry drum rubbing against something. Whooooo... It did it a few times over the coming days so i thought i better get it to the garage to be checked out. Took it to be checked out, got the car to make the noise when i had the mechanic in the car. 'Ahh, it's your rear brakes'. Cool, i thought, easily replaced. Got the work done, £300 paid for under warranty. About half an hour after driving it away, moved off from the lights and there it was again. Whooo... Took it back to the garage a few days later. Heads being scratched. Got the noise again with the mechanic, lasted longer this time. Claimed that wasn't the noise the first time. It was.

Anyways, back and forward. Told them i thought it was the clutch. They couldn't reproduce it up on the ramp. Clearly as the car has to move slightly. They said it wasn't the clutch, they had checked all that. I left it with them for 2 weeks in March while i went away, i allowed them to drive it (put 1k on the clock?!) Said they never once heard the noise. So i drove it away, no noise till about 2 hours later when i was on a bit of an incline. Then pulling away, whoooo... Went back. Nothing they can do. Totally at a loss with this. It's now September, seems to come and go. Yesterday it happened a lot so i'm getting a bit p'd off by it, it's quite loud at times and can be heard clearly outside the car. Weirdly though it doesn't do it everytime?

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas what this could be? I can film it for anyone who wants to know more.

Any help would be appreciated. I strongly believe it's a clutch problem. Release bearing from what i've read but garage said release bearing was fine. Don't fancy forking out £800 or more for a new clutch to find out that's not the problem.

cheers,

David

Probably clutch thrust bearing had similar noise on my old thp was still making noise after 32k miles .
    DS3 1.6THP 165 Pearlescent Ink. White roof.

Comment

bot my ds3 on friday and have got exacltly the same problem, been back to garage and they are saying probably release bearing, but they are going to have a proper look tomorrow.did say if it is is normally worth changing the entire clutch at the same time as getting to it is where most of the work is. i have no idea on that tho

Comment

my garage had a quick listen today to the noise and said it doesnt quite sound like a release bearing etc so they are having it in to go over it properly next monday..it was earliest they could get me a courtesy car, if you find anything out report it back here please and i will do the same once its been looked at properly

Comment

UPDATE, spoke to the garage today, they said they couldnt replicate the sound i was talking about even tho i had shown a technician last week so i went their myself and at first couldnt get it to make the noise then it made it once then as i was reversing back in to the garage it let out a massive 10 second long whineing sound and straight away they said sounds like release bearing needs cluth replacing! so its booked in for a new clutch in 2 weeks, reason for delay is a have an appointment for a blast with Jmie next week and they couldnt guarentee the car being ready by that date so they are waiting till after. so happy days in a way

Comment

Working...
          X