problem with ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with ecu

HI, I have a DS3 2014 and I went to the Citroen dealer for a spare key(I know a fool and his money) anyway, they could not programme the new key as their computer could not talk to mine. There is a fault in my ecu. I can get a used ecu from ebay for £150 or for £250 have mine repaired/rebuild with a guarantee that it works 100%(I prefer the ebay solution or is there a possibility that that one has the same problem?) Has anybody had the same problem? Is it a known problem or just bad luck?

Not heard of this happening before, but others might've done. If there's an ECU fault that's preventing the new key from being programmed, I probably wouldn't go down the eBay route, as what's to say it won't happen again with that one. No guarantees. For peace of mind I would get Citroën to do the work, then at least you know it's been done properly and if there are any issues, you can keep going back to them til it's done properly. It costs more, but I'd want it doing right. Quality costs more!
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Key is programmed to the bsi. This bsi is coded to the engine ecu. So you can't replace the bsi without it's maried ecu from ebay...

Comment

Originally posted by V3nn3tj3 View Post
        Key is programmed to the bsi. This bsi is coded to the engine ecu. So you can't replace the bsi without it's maried ecu from ebay...
        Also, keys that have been programmed before are useless. A key can only be coded to a car once.

Comment

Just buy an ECU with the immobilizer system off. It's easier that way. The site below claims to sell inmo -off units, try finding yours there. Good luck!

Comment

what about taking the new key to a key cutter and just have it cloned,that way youwill not need to program it to the ecu, it will just think its using your original key. seems like the cheaper option and easier. any reason that will not work ?

Comment

Working...
            X