Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag/seatbelt warning light

Morning all

Around a week ago a warning light appeared on my car. I was driving but stationary at the time, it came on as I was pulling away I suppose.

A mechanic read the error code and said I needed an auto electrician as it was short circuiting so I’ve taken it to them. Their report came back different so just wondering if anyone has had anything similar as their advice differs. It’s a 2012 DSport.

Many thanks

Auto electrics are a devil if they go wrong. Did you do anything to the car the week or so before, as check round that area? (Bumps or knocks etc)

My seat belt warning light (RED- Not same lights as yours) kept going off even though it was secured in place. When I checked under the seats there was a bare wire which took a while to find. That was my problem

Suggest you have a check under both seats at the seatbelt wiring, maybe disconnect then reconnect the plugs under there.

Have you tried disconnecting the car battery for 5 mins or so, which will turn off the electrical supply to the whole car and act as a reset?

Airbags and seatbelts are connected as when airbags fire it also prompts the seatbelt to seize preventing injury. So my guess looking at the lights would be an issue with the airbag wiring/ firing mechanism but without having a realtime look, I am merely making a guess

sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
    X