Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 DS3 110HDi DSport Brake Discs & Pads Spec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 DS3 110HDi DSport Brake Discs & Pads Spec?

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the exact spec of the discs and pads are for the 2011 110HDi please?

I ask because there are 283mm and 266mm front discs recommended and mine was made after April 2010 so has the 266mm front discs which is nice and easy to tell.

However, for the rears, I have seen recommendations of 249mm discs with 69.2mm and almost the same but with 67.2mm heights and smaller centre holes. Which ones are correct? Am I right in thinking that the OE supplier was Bosch or is that not right?

The Bosch discs are these: http://www.vehiclepartsdatabase.com/...sch/0986479255 which show 69.2mm height and if OE then that confirms it.

Assuming Bosch is the OE supplier it then gets a touch more complicated as they have 2 different part numbers for pairs of discs for the rears: 0 986 479 275 - with integrated sensor ring, with wheel bearing

0 986 479 255 - without wheel bearing, without integrated magnetic sensor ring

Do I need the ABS ring & wheel bearing or can I use the existing ones? A lot of the other brands seem to come as standard with the ABS ring but I've not seen mention of the wheel bearing before. Oh, and will I need a wind-back tool or are they do-able by hand?

After the OE discs and pads being still fitted from the factory and having lasted 46,000 miles I'm quite happy with them, but if anyone has any recommendations for alternatives then I'm open to suggestions.

I fitted EBC GreenStuff to the front when I last changed the brakes along with Pagid discs and that is currently still performing well.

Any info is much appreciated, cheers,

Nick

DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
    Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Hi Nick- cant you just put your registration details onto the Eurocarparts website and see what it says?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Chris,

The link I have there is to the vehicle parts database which shows the parts available from all manufacturers to suit the car. When I put the reg into a couple of different sites, I'm getting similar information but the questions I have above are still valid.

I need some info from someone who has changed the rear discs so as to whether they need the ABS rings and wheel bearings or whether that's just fud. Also useful to know if Bosch was the OE supplier as I'd quite like to stick with OE at the back bearing in mind the performance and longevity achieved with them.

Comment

OK. Ive only replaced front pads and discs
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Same here, I've only done the fronts on the DS3 before as the rears have lasted well.

Comment

So I think through some extensive google-fu and speaking to a friendly garage who always help me out, here are my determinations:-

Still assuming the OEM for the brakes was Bosch as it appears so but I've found no hard evidence:

Rear discs are Bosch P/N: 0 986 479 275 (aka BD1124) - Single Disc which incl ABS Sensor Ring & Wheel Bearing.

My garage friend recommends getting the discs with the ABS ring and bearing as getting the old ones out of the old discs (push fit) will probably damage them and the price difference isn't massive. Rear Pads are a touch trickier as I have found two part numbers with apparently identical specs and material but different pricing.

Rear Pads Bosch P/N: 0 986 494 516 or 0 986 461 769

Bosch recommend the more expensive one (...516) but no idea why.

And you do need a wind-back tool for the rear calipers.

Comment

Just for completeness in case anyone is searching:

Bosch Rear Pads:
              P/N: 0 986 494 516 - With acoustic wear sensor
              P/N: 0 986 461 769 - Without acoustic wear sensor

So I'm not interested in the acoustic wear sensor as if it has it now, I haven't heard it and they could do with replacement! Without is about £7 cheaper too.

Comment

Well done Nick
                Notice you've been on here longer than me- you had a DS3 since 2011?
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi, so, i'm new to the forum and i'm going to 'hijack' the thread.

I'm looking to exploit the ECP 50% code for brakes discs and pads for my 2013 dsport but I've broken my leg and can't get out well enough to confidently measure up.

Rears are easy as there seems to one size.

I'm looking for the size of the fronts - how can you tell from using the link in the first post? I've changed the details in the link to 2013 etc but still gives 2 disc sizes.....

Any ideas?

Cheers

Nick

Comment

Sorry guys, only just realised someone had posted on the thread!

Nick - Not sure if it is any use now as it's been a month but I'd guess you have 266mm discs on the front as I believe the 283mm discs were used on the earlier cars < Apr 2010. Not sure why the reduced them but the 266mm ones are certainly adequate for road use especially with the Green Stuff pads to increase the initial bite.

Chris - We got the DS3 DSport HDi in Sep 2011 brand new and still have it. I've had my MGF since 2008 so don't like to chop and change much! The DS3's doing us proud as I can do most things myself and it has probably cost us less than £250/yr to maintain including brakes and tyres! The biggest bugbear is the Sat Nav & Radio System as it is dated and we'd love a touchscreen with a digital radio and the ability to enter British Postcodes! (D%&# Frenchies!)

Comment

Working...
                    X