Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers side wing mirror replacement

Hey everyone,

So AGES ago some wee shite on my street decided to take a wee fancy to my drivers side wing mirror and has broken it. It's still attached but no longer folds or really sits in the proper position although it not so loose its gonna fall off and stays in place even at motorway speeds, but it will definitely need fixed before its next MOT in March.

I have already stripped it a little and determined I definitely need to replace it and was quoted over £400 by my local garage to replace it (mirror alone and unpainted cap from Citroen was £260 + vat!!).

I have seen that I can buy one online for about £120 and I'm fairly good at taking stuff apart etc.

Theres a video on YouTube showing how to remove the door trim and mirror etc (https://youtu.be/lsWZsmYVbQw) but at one point (4 mins into the video) he drills out the push rivets from the speaker surround to get access to the wiring behind.

My question is, is this really necessary? I mean i don't wanna start destroying rivets etc.

Thanks.

looks like the wiring grommet through the door panel is held in by the speaker housing. you might be able to do it by removing the white foam instead and pulling the cabling about but it is rather easy to drill the rivets out. I just used a 5.5mm metal drill bit and drilled the pop rivets out in 60 seconds. you will have to drill new smaller holes though as the rivets holes are flipping massive! and screw the housing back on. good luck

Comment

Working...
    X