ESP/ASP system faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP/ASP system faulty?

I have a DS3 Style hd90 2010 which is showing the 'ESP/ASR system faulty message in the warning log and we are having trouble trying to identify the fault.

When the car is connected to a vehicle diagnostics tool the message that is returned from the ABS ECU is:- 'Steering wheel angle status interpreted by the ESP - Failure detected' and another one 'Steering wheel angle sensor signal fault coherence - Permanent fault' I have taken off the ABS pump/ECU and had the unit tested and it passes OK but ABS Reman could see but not reset the fault code as the component providing the fault was not connected, I only took the steering stalks switch gear containing the Com2000 with the ABS pump/ECU to them. We understood the Com2000 contains the steering angle sensor and this tests OK.

The fault code can't be reset and the steering calibration shows the steering angle of the wheels on the diagnostic tool. I have replaced the switch stalks/Com2000 and tried another unit and neither effected this fault code. I wish to avoid taking any further components from take the ABS pump, switch gear and steering rack back to them.

The tyres are all the same make and size, the tracking has been completely reset and is even on both sides. I thought I would ask if anyone here has any ideas please?

You got any p codes for me?

Comment

The diagnostic tools, we have used two, gave only these fault descriptions

Comment

As far as my limited knowledge goes I believe that the ESP system compares data from the steering wheel angle sensor and the yaw rate sensor to determine if the vehicle path matches the steering input?

You seem to have ruled out most possibilities bar a faulty yaw rate sensor

I've just chased a fault on my partner's car. Among the fault codes was was 'lack of coherence between info from the engine speed sensor and inlet cylinder reference sensor'. None of the codes was specific to the inlet cam position sensor but that's what I tried first and that fixed it!

It might be worth trying a replacement yaw rate sensor? £20ish second hand on ebay
        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Have a read of the backstory in this postĀ from myself a short while ago as it may help you with your ESP/ASR code issue:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/d...ine-egr-delete

When you say the codes can't be reset, are you able to reset them and the re-appear or can you not remove them?
          DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
          Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

I have now changed the Yaw sensor and this didn't clear the fault and the code from the diag tool is: C1136 Steering Wheel angle sensor signal - Coherence - Permanent. My next plan after reading the other comments above is to buy the Lexia kit and see what this does. Any further observations please

Comment

the diag tool allows you to delete the codes but for this one, it doesn't even temporarily disappear, the sw does its cycle and the code is displayed again when it has done

Comment

that's ruled out the yaw sensor then pffffh!

Have you read this Peugeot forum thread? https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...r-fault-26782/
                Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Having sourced a Lexia Diagbox and running the calibration on the steering angle sensor produced this error - ' Communications Fault' problem terminally solved by passing onto webuyanycar.com and purchasing a DS5

Comment

Originally posted by Topher View Post
                    Having sourced a Lexia Diagbox and running the calibration on the steering angle sensor produced this error - ' Communications Fault' problem terminally solved by passing onto webuyanycar.com and purchasing a DS5
                    Hi where did you get your Lexia 3 from? And what area are you from?

Comment

Working...
                    X