P0011 Code Troubleshooting / Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0011 Code Troubleshooting / Repair

Hey guys, been running into some problems with my DS3 lately.

Been looking all over since I've had a reoccurring P0011 (P0011 - "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)) code on my 150 DS3 Dsport (2011) but been able to find very little info on it.

Guessing its a timing/cam issue from what I've found out so far.

So step 1 I want to take is to replace the VVT sensor/solenoid/valve etc etc goes by many names looks like the image I've attached. Reckon this could help from the research I've done so far.

However, I have looked all over forums, youtube etc and I have no idea where the valve would actually be I have a sneaking suspicion its right at the back of the engine on the far left side. Can anybody confirm this or replaced this sensor and have any advice before I start messing with stuff.

Also I've noticed I've started leaking oil recently, not a huge amount but noticeable. Has anyone had this with this code / problem?

Hopefully if someone is able to point me in the right direction I can try upload a few photos get help others with problem (if it works). If not, might have to bite the bullet and take it in.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

I changed the inlet cam 'electrovalve' on my partner's VTi yesterday - took about half an hour. It is indeed situated on the back left hand side as you look from the front of the car. You'll need a good light and a mirror to see how to release the electrical connector, and undo and replace the fixing bolt

I've tried to attach the procedure document from the Citroen Servicebox but it exceeds the allowable file size. I'm not savvy with file hosting sites and so on but if you PM me your email address I'll send it to you if you want it. The airbox and the like will be different on your car but it should give you an idea of how to do the job.

Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Originally posted by Owd git View Post
      I changed the inlet cam 'electrovalve' on my partner's VTi yesterday - took about half an hour. It is indeed situated on the back left hand side as you look from the front of the car. You'll need a good light and a mirror to see how to release the electrical connector, and undo and replace the fixing bolt

I've tried to attach the procedure document from the Citroen Servicebox but it exceeds the allowable file size. I'm not savvy with file hosting sites and so on but if you PM me your email address I'll send it to you if you want it. The airbox and the like will be different on your car but it should give you an idea of how to do the job.
      Brilliant thanks a lot for the heads up I'll get a message over now.

Comment

Working...
      X