Fuel Warning Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Warning Message

Is there anyway to stop the fuel warning messages popping up so frequently on the screen? You still get 50 miles out of the tank and it comes up like 20 times, Please don't say put petrol in :o)

Is there like a back door way in to the system, to customise the amount of times messages pop up?

Thanks

Welcome to the Club

If your fuel gets too low, some fine sediment can get through the filter and end up being combusted, reducing the efficiency , mpg, of the engine.

You may well be able to map out the fuel sensor.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yeah, these new cars really go over the top don't they?!

OMG you've only got 50 miles of fuel left!!! Panic, Panic! You're gonna break down and die of starvation by the roadside whilst waiting for the RAC and it'll all be your fault!! Fuel, I need fuel!!! Ahhhhhh! Whaddya mean it's only 10 miles to work? You wont make it I tell ya! You're not gonna make iiiit!

My missus fills up just to stop the constant warnings which is not very efficient is it Citroen? I've briefly looked into it and whilst technically any computer can be reprogrammed it will probably be in the BSI and not worth the effort. You can't just map out the sensor as the fuel gauge wont work and that is still handy! 
      DS3 DSport 110HDi Sport Red with Black Roof
      Red Alcantara / Carbon Dash / My Way City Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Nick View Post
        OMG you've only got 50 miles of fuel left!!! Panic, Panic! You're gonna break down and die of starvation by the roadside whilst waiting for the RAC and it'll all be your fault!! Fuel, I need fuel!!! Ahhhhhh!Â$%^&*#@Whaddya mean it's only 10 miles to work? You wont make it I tell ya! You're not gonna make iiiit!
        This made me chuckle because it’s the mindset of my Missus,

I always say ignore it, you’ll get another 75 to 100 miles out of it.

*5 minutes later* - We’re at a petrol garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Nick View Post
          Yeah, these new cars really go over the top don't they?!

OMG you've only got 50 miles of fuel left!!! Panic, Panic! You're gonna break down and die of starvation by the roadside whilst waiting for the RAC and it'll all be your fault!! Fuel, I need fuel!!! Ahhhhhh!Â$%^&*#@Whaddya mean it's only 10 miles to work? You wont make it I tell ya! You're not gonna make iiiit!

My missus fills up just to stop the constant warnings which is not very efficient is it Citroen? I've briefly looked into it and whilst technically any computer can be reprogrammed it will probably be in the BSI and not worth the effort. You can't just map out the sensor as the fuel gauge wont work and that is still handy!Â$%^&*#@
          I'm almost embarressed to admit that I've driven 15 miles from work to home on a completely empty tank, so 50 miles of range is definitely a conservative estimate! It even started the next day and got to a garage without dying!
          Brian's Owner

Comment

Working...
          X