Blowers gone weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowers gone weak

Noticed on my long trip home that the blowers were not heating the cabin. Putting my hand down to the footwell vent, I could feel warm air, but just barely any flow, despite having the fan level on 6/8. Only way I could get any heat was by putting the fans on full, as the windscreen de-misting fans seem to be ok still.

At first I thought it might be down to all the stop/starting I had to do while queuing on the M6, but the situation continued after a services stop.

They did come to life after I had to brake hard after being cut up by some idiot. Not sure if that happening after the braking is a total red herring, but maybe the physical change of direction did something?

I was hoping it might just be a blockage. So I've had a look in and around the cabin filter today (left hand side of the engine bay as you look at it, below the windscreen) and it looks brand new, nothing in behind it. I dragged a fair amount of crap from the gap underneath the inlet for the cabin, but below the cabin 'ducting' so can't be that.

Does anyone know of any electrical connectors I can check to see if something has just come loose? Any other suggestions appreciated.

Merry Xmas all!

Hello, first post for myself in this group.

same issues as yourself, sounded like there was something blocking the outlet on the fans, loud noise, very little airflow, times it was fine, times it wasn’t. Think there’s definitely some sort of blockage… did you get a fix? Can you advise what you done? Thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X