Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokey 1.4HDI and misfire

HI all,

My first post here as a potential DS3 owner. I'm contemplating buying a poorly 2013 DS3 1.4 HDI with only 50k on the clock. It has a horrendous misfire and clouds of white smoke to the rear. Now previous experience would make me think injectors, but having read a few posts on here I'm also worried it could be the HPFP. Neither will be particularly cheap but I'd rather go in with as much knowledge as possible.
    Any tips and/or advice on what I should be looking at for, are injectors an issue on these ?
    I currently have another brand of 1.4 HDI and find it incredibly cheap to run, I'm just looking for something with a little more flare, lol

TIA

Keith

My Tip: Don't buy trouble

Ive been on this forum a long time, and I didn't realise they did a 1.4 diesel?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Really ?????? I thought the diesels where the main point they were so popular

Comment

The diesels are popular, but like Chris_Blue says, I didn't know they made a 1.4 HDI. 1.6 HDI's and 1.6 eHDi's are the versions I'm aware of. What year is it? You sure it's a 1.4? Also the HPFP is a common issue on the THP Petrol engines and not the diesels.

Both myself and Chris have diesels (albeit slightly different versions) and they are excellent engines.
        Last edited by Funky; 15-01-2019, 19:26.
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by keithriley View Post
          Really ?????? I thought the diesels where the main point they were so popular
          Don't think any diesels are popular nowadays

Thought the DS3 diesels were 1.6

Puretech petrol at 1.2

Altho mine is 60mpg and no VED
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

i have heard of there being a 1.4hdi but as far as i know it wasnt released in uk market, i have been known to be wrong though

Comment

My mistake, it is a 1.6HDi, why on earth I thought it was a 1.4 I have no idea, good start isn't it lol
              The question still stands though, any suggestions as to what the possible fault is or the most likely.

Keith

Comment

Working...
              X