Shared experience of wipers working intermitently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared experience of wipers working intermitently

Having found these and other forums useful I thought I'd share a recent experience with my Daughters 60 plate DS3.

The window wipers intermittently stopped working, once in July and then not again till the week before Christmas, I was driving it to the garage, went over a bump and they started working.

We took it to the local garage we use they couldn't find any fault code (they didn't charge), then we took it to a main dealer who determined it was the motor because of signs of water on it?

They wanted £505 for parts and fitting!

I purchased a second hand motor of eBay, £85 and my garage charged me £60 to fit it - at this point it was working again before and after the replacement was fitted, had to get it fixed for my daughters safety.

I went again last week and I found a local auto electrician, he said he couldn't do anything till it failed - yesterday it failed again, took it down and it was water ingress on the fuse box under the hood. He also did a full diagnostic with the steering wheel controls to determine he was 98% sure it was the fuse box. Didn't work until he changed the fuse box.

I think the moral of this story and people have said it time and again, modern cars are witchcraft and magic, find yourself and decent auto electrician who can do the proper fault diagnosis.

Hope that helps somebody else,

Mark

Thanks for sharing your experience, I made a topic on here re wiper motor and in the end decided to bite the bullet and pay for it to be changed.

Hopefully this post will save someone a lot of time and money.

Comment

Working...
    X