Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hot air from blowers

Hi

Not getting any warm/hot air from the heating system in my DS3 1.6 VTi DStyle Plus. Air conditioning whether on or off makes no difference.
    Engine coolant level indicator drops right down low as soon as i turn on the blowers otherwise stays normal. Coolant level has been checked.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Similar problem in my THP165. I found that only the de-mister would blow any decent air. Weirdly, someone cut me up and having to slam on has jolted it back into life. I'll let you know if I get to the bottom of it.

Comment

Here's the post for mine:
      Noticed on my long trip home that the blowers were not heating the cabin. Putting my hand down to the footwell vent, I could feel warm air, but just barely any

Comment

Originally posted by GizzyWiz7 View Post
        Hi

Not getting any warm/hot air from the heating system in my DS3 1.6 VTi DStyle Plus. Air conditioning whether on or off makes no difference.
        Engine coolant level indicator drops right down low as soon as i turn on the blowers otherwise stays normal. Coolant level has been checked.
        Anyone have any ideas?
        Where do you have coolant level indicator? Unless you mean the coolant temp indicator. In that case I would check the thermostat.

One other thing may be that the servo valve that controls the air duct flaps may have gone bad (or mechanically stuck). The airflow temperature adjustment works by regulating the airflow from outside and through the heater block. If it cannot open fully then you can't get hot air.

At least I think it works like that, not 100% sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by pmatil View Post

Where do you have coolant level indicator? Unless you mean the coolant temp indicator. In that case I would check the thermostat.

One other thing may be that the servo valve that controls the air duct flaps may have gone bad (or mechanically stuck). The airflow temperature adjustment works by regulating the airflow from outside and through the heater block. If it cannot open fully then you can't get hot air.

At least I think it works like that, not 100% sure though.
          Coolant level was topped up after the new year, the indicator on the dashboard gets up to about midway on the gauge right up until i turn the heaters on whether i choose to have hot or cold air. Air conditioning whether on or not, it still does the same, air just blows out at most mildy warm after its been running a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
          X