Engine knock at 3 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine knock at 3 cylinder

Ok.so today after oil change my engine start to knocking more on 3 cylinder.From time to time i had SERVICE on dashboard with message "engine fault repair needed".I had already changed engine coils plus spark plugs of course fresh oil 0w30 and filter did not help.
    Will have to take it to garage to read out codes if any.It still drives ok.My ds3r have 50k miles and it looks like that will be expensive

Am afraid the DS3r's suffered with this sort of thing. Good Luck.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

I suspect timing chain.Does anybody knows EML light should be on as well?

Comment

Ok.So bad news code shows up P0016.
        Will have to change timing chain.
        Im not a qualified mechanic so if i can ask You
        What tools and parts do I need to get it done?
        Will be very grateful if somebody can list them for me.

Comment

The Racings are prone to this and personally I wouldn't tackle it, as its a right pain in the backside and I have heard horror stories of people trying to DIY it and it go pear shaped. I would shop around and see what prices you can get for getting it replaced, but it isn't a cheap one unfortunately. Good Luck.
          DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Well my engine fall in to pieces after diy timing chain.Do not atempt it kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Voytec View Post
              Well my engine fall in to pieces after diy timing chain.Do not atempt it kids!
              Don't want to see I told you so, but I did advise against it in my previous post. Is it totally wrecked then?
              Last edited by Funky; 29-03-2019, 07:24.
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
              X