Ds3 Dsport 1.6 engine management system faulty warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 Dsport 1.6 engine management system faulty warning

I have a 2010 ds3 dsport 1.6 the engine light has come on and a warning flashes up on the screen saying "engine management system faulty" my other half changed the spark plugs and it turned of for 3 days is now flashing up again and the engine light is back on just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and may now what the problem is. Thankyou

Hi and welcome. The EML comes on for varying reasons and should throw up some error/fault codes and they should then be logged to the ECU. These error codes would typically tell you what the ECU believes to be faulty. Without the code numbers, its going to be practically impossible to diagnose your issue.

If you can get the codes, post them here and we might be able to shed some more light onto your problem for you.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Hi I've had same problem, EML came on and fan came on straight away, when checked it said engine misfiring, changed spark plugs, ok for 3 to 4 days then came back on, any ideas ?
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dave coster View Post
        Hi I've had same problem, EML came on and fan came on straight away, when checked it said engine misfiring, changed spark plugs, ok for 3 to 4 days then came back on, any ideas ?
        thanks
        As per my reply above. We need some form of error codes to assist you further. Without them, can't pinpoint your problem.

Comment

Yep. needs code read by the dealers, or buy a code reader off ebay

I doubt you will get rid of fault codes by changing spark plugs

There are stacks of fault codes which will indicate what is wrong
          Maybe disconnect the car battery for 5 minutes to act as a reset, but doubt it will help
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Dave coster mine the did same thing misfiring and the fans came on changed the spark plugs and it was okay for a few days then the light came back on.

I got a code reader and it came up with nine faults which were
            P1336
            P1337
            P1339
            P0087
            P0353
            P0352
            P1338
            P0313
            P1340

After searching these faults the majority of them are about misfires and coils, we're going to change the coils and see if this fixes the issue.

Comment

Do you have a THP Masonabi and Dave coster? If so, could well be carbon build up in the inlet valves, which causes the misfires etc. The good old walnut blast at SP Tuning by Jamie will fix that.

Comment

Agree with Funky. That amount of fault codes, engine may well need a blasting
                Could run though some BGK44 see if that does any good, but will only be a temporary fix, engine may need cleaning
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Funky Ye mines a THP, We've changed the coils and it took the engine light off seems to be running fine at the moment.

Comment

Was fine for four days after changing the coils and now I'm getting the same warning up and engine light on again

Comment

Originally posted by Masonabi View Post
                      Was fine for four days after changing the coils and now I'm getting the same warning up and engine light on again
                      It's defo carbon build up in your inlet valves. Your THP needs a walnut blast. Get in touch with Jamie@SPTuning.

https://www.sptuning.co.uk/m.index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

It's defo carbon build up in your inlet valves. Your THP needs a walnut blast. Get in touch with Jamie@SPTuning.

https://www.sptuning.co.uk/m.index.html
                        was trying to break Masonabi in gently, with a few hints to start. LOL
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Do you think it is alright to drive until I do get the walnut blast, the engine light isn't always on it goes on and off like one day it's on and another it's gone off.

Comment

It might be a bit juddery and EML's aren't a good sign IMO and need sorting asap. How long before you can get booked in for your WB?

Comment

Carbon clean and new fuel pump transformed mine. Both needed doing after getting misfire codes.
                              I did both DIY no more than a weekends work.

Comment

Working...
                              X