starting to not have faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting to not have faith

Can somebody shed a little light on this problem for me? Drove to work fine came out abs esp light on drove 12 miles back light stayed on nipped in the shop came out lights gone off called AA they hooked her up saying the problem is the drivers side front wheel. sensor reset the error code drove 8 miles then back on again. went to the garage to report it started up no lights on 3 miles down the road it comes on again. got home nipped out nothing no lights was happy then pulled up on the drive lights on again. hope this is not going to be a pig in a poke motor never had an ounce of trouble with my Picasso c3 what have i done!!!!!

Patrol found the following fault code/s:\N{<control-000D>}\N{<control-000D>}System : ABS - 84V / ESP Teves Mk60.1\N{<control-000D>}\N{<control-000D>} Status :C1330 - Wheel-speed sensor front right. Error Message : Open circuit/short circuit. Error present.\N{<control-000D>}\N{<control-000D>}\N{<control-000D>}\N{<control-000D>} -

Comment

Does anyone post help and advise

Comment

i would imagine it means you need the front wheel sensor either replacing or checking nothing has come loose or got dirty, since it seems intermittent it could just be something loose or debris interfering with it.but it needs looking at i would assume

Comment

just swap the wheel sensor out- you can have a lot worse problems- how many miles and what DS3 model/year?
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Chris its done 64000 1.6 vti dstyle 2011 plus now the funny thing is its just been to the car wash and the esp abs light has not come on after a 5 mile return trip i started to panic as all i read is horror storys about the DS3 i chopped in my picasso 1.6 hdi because it was so high mileage but that baby never missed a beat or any warning lights. Just i hope i have not jumped from the fat into the fire the car drives very well sooth quite but this fault is getting me down now

Comment

Could be a faulty sensor, or its dirty, or the wiring has come loose. Intermittent faults are a pain, but get the sensor swapped out or checked. If its not come back on since having the car washed, was possibly dirt interfering with the sensor, as mentioned above.

Also, when you say car wash, you didn't use a drive through one with rollers did you? The paint on DS3's is very soft and you may notice alot of swirls or surface scratches once its dried.
              DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Funky no was hand washed bloody light stayed off then just nipped to shops and back on again getting well pissed off now about it something is telling me I should have stuck with my c3 Picasso HDI never a glitch with that old girl.

Comment

Just get the sensor replaced and get the code reset and go from there. There could be alot worse issues you can encounter. Get it booked in.
                  DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Well surprise took her indoors shopping went to Coventry along motorway nothing no lights on done around a 30 mile trip touch wood lights off on the abs esp could this been some shit on the sensor and now its cleared itself only time will tell but i have fingers crossed that it has cleared itself will report back Sunday after a few trips the funny thing is that its the righthand wheel front that was showing open circuit the same wheel that had a puncture had to drive it about 9oo yds on a flat could i have moved some crap onto the sensor i dont know new tyre fitted and a day later this started so like i say will give a update after Sundays drive

Comment

if it reappears cant you just take it in somewhere to get it checked out- all cars have problems now and again
                      maybe just call RAC/AA next time
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

I did call the AA when it happened showed open circuit or short front right-hand wheel, mate

Comment

Originally posted by PaulNuneaton View Post
                          I did call the AA when it happened showed open circuit or short front right-hand wheel, mate
                          how did they advise to sort the problem?
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                          X