Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch

Ive recently just brought a Ds3, I was wondering is it normal that the biting point is really faint when moving forward but I can feel when reversing? Also I’m having the same issue when moving off I can’t balance or edge forward slightly when moving forward however when in reverse I can move the car with Just the clutch.

i have a THP and the clutch bite and moving feels the same to me whether i am in reerse or 1st gear,i cant see why they would be different if everything is working as it should. what happens when you try toedge forward in 1st? does it stall or fully goes into gear? i think it is a hard one to ggive opinion on without experiencing it as it is based alot on the feel of it. if it is something you are not sure of best bet is to just take it in to your local garage and have them test it out

Comment

Does it slip or judder?
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

The first THP DS3 I drove (test drive) had a really weird clutch which felt like it had 2 stages. As you brought it up, you'd feel it stiffen a bit like it was biting but nothing happened then it would start to bite slightly later up in the travel.

This was a Citroen dealership selling the car and they said it was normal. I bought a different THP from a non-Citroen dealer and the clutch on mine is not like that. It's high, but normal feeling.

Is that anything like what you mean? I don't recall the test-drive feeling different in reverse, and mine definitely isn't.

Comment

Working...
        X