DS 3 Stalling In Reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 3 Stalling In Reverse

I am having this slight problem with my DS DS3. This only happens once or twice a month but when I put the car in reverse to back out of a parking bay it will stall. Not sure what could be causing it. Hoping you guys may have to light on this?

This may sound silly but do you give it plenty of throttle when engaging the clutch? (i'm presuming you have a manual). I have a 1.6 THP 155 and i've always found it needs a generous amount of throttle when engaging the clutch so as to not get some horrible juddering or at worst, stalling. Whenever i reverse out of a parking bay i never fully disengage the clutch and instead just ride it on the bite point, as it's only for a short period of time.

Other than that though i'm afraid i would have no clue as to any mechanical fault that would cause this.

Comment

Thanks very much. It’s an Automatic EAT6. My first thought was I wasn’t giving it enough power as it is on a slight hill but would this be a problem with an Automatic?

Comment

Ah ok, i'm afraid i can't offer any help there as i've never driven an auto! Hope somebody can help though

Comment

Working...
        X