Safety mode or what ever its called.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety mode or what ever its called.

I was sat in the car this morning just listening to the radio while waiting for the wife to have a scan on her broken foot, the safety mode kicked in after about 10min's. Is this about right? When I had the C4 this little feature didn't kick in until about 20-25mins.

, if you meant economy mode it depends on the charge of the battery i believe from anything up to 30 min before economy mode kicks in and will not go away until the engine is running and charged up the battery to certain level

Comment

Yep as naijishi says above. Economy mode kicks in after 30 mins. So if you're sat with the radio on and haven't turned the key for half an hour, the radio will turn off and the car will sit in economy mode until you start it up again.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by safety mode? It sounds like you mean ECO, where the engine shuts off to save fuel when you're stopped and in neutral? The ECO light behind the rev counter lights up when in ECO mode.

Comment

think the radio turns off after 30 mins if the engine isn't on- that used to annoy me like hell when I was washing the car and listening to the footie on a Saturday aftnoon

If its the eco stop start engine thing- i'm lucky that my battery isn't holding charge as well as it should, which is what I was told results in my eco doesn't kick in , and that's great cos I hate it

Just cant buy a new battery
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

It's the economy mode thing, when the radio stops while your sitting in the car listening with the ignition on. I guess it should last approx 20-30mins, as I mine lasted about 5-10mins yesterday is there something I should check or is dependant on how long you have been driving?

Comment

Originally posted by miggs View Post
              It's the economy mode thing, when the radio stops while your sitting in the car listening with the ignition on. I guess it should last approx 20-30mins, as I mine lasted about 5-10mins yesterday is there something I should check or is dependant on how long you have been driving?
              Battery may not be at its highest level of charge- retention of charge lowers the older the battery. so if the sensors see that amp/hours dropping, it may turn the radio off quicker.Nothing really to worry about, unitl the battery cant turn the engine over for 10 seconds or so

Some batterys can last for a good 10 years tho

Helpful for me, as the charge isn't at maximium, it turns other things off, like the stop/start- which I hate, and now doesn't come on :-)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

Battery may not be at its highest level of charge- retention of charge lowers the older the battery. so if the sensors see that amp/hours dropping, it may turn the radio off quicker.Nothing really to worry about, unitl the battery cant turn the engine over for 10 seconds or so

Some batterys can last for a good 10 years tho

Helpful for me, as the charge isn't at maximium, it turns other things off, like the stop/start- which I hate, and now doesn't come on :-)
                I was thinking along the same line Chris. I am thinking the battery may be the original one. The car starts on the button but I will keep my eye on it and if it gets a lot worse I will just throw a new battery on it.

Comment

When I had problems starting my Clio couple years ago, the RAC came out and run a test on the battery and gave me the print out, showing it was knackered- obviuosly they tried to sell me a battery at £90 od, which I politely declined, and bought a good one for £45 online

My point being, maybe call out the AA or RAC- or maybe even Halfords will do a free battery check for you- then try to flog you one
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                  X