front wheel sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front wheel sensor

So I purchased my DS3 11 days ago 4 days after having it I get a punctured front right wheel had a new tyre fitted 1 day later the abs esp light comes on. Got the AA he gave me the code front right wheel I did not tell him I had a puncture. booked it in at the dealer they tested the sensor saying short circuit front right-hand wheel.
    they fitted a new sensor started the car on comes the abs esp light again. they hook it up to the reader and is said the car was doing 400mph lol then again they tried it and displays incongruity i feel like they are stabbing in the dark any thoughts would be good on this subject, i could fool the abs esp light by starting it and turning it on and off 3 or four times and the light would stay off for a few days but this is not the answer. they think the wire has a break in it someplace but i would have thought they would do a continuity test on the wires from the ECU to the sensor or maybe I'm wrong anyone else had this problem im not a happy bunny at the moment

wish I could help, but although I am on my 3rd DS3, none have had tyre sensors

Had a VW Golf with them a couple years back, and it didn't cause any problems

Someone will come along soon to help, I guess
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

its not a tyre senor Chris its abs esp mate all the tyres are the same size

Comment

Just back from the dealers, they found dodge connection needed cleaning where it goes into the module also changed the front right wheel bearing with magnetic pick up on lights off now fingers crossed it stays off now the aircon pump not kicking in so it goes back next thursday to have a new pump fitted lets hope i get to enjoy my car and its not in the garage every week

Comment

Working...
        X