Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knocking

Good morning
    I recently purchased a 2013 DS3 Airdream Dsport E-HDI 1.6.
    Its a really nice car to drive and doesn't seem to have any major issues, BUT it does have a knocking which comes and goes and the best way to describe it would be linked to the road wheel speed.
    The knocking comes if the stop start is used or the clutch is used in stop start traffic, the knocking goes once the car is moving but it does come and go at times when I have used the clutch, but it also comes on when slowing from speed.
    The brakes feel spot on and there is no feel from the pedal to suggest warped or damaged discs.
    I intend to get under the car this week to renew the under tray fixings but the knocking is not related to the under trays as its more of a metallic knocking.
    Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Dermot. 

Hi and welcome to the club and forum Murrayminor. I haven't come across that issue before and it's a bit tricky to diagnose without actually hearing it. Can you get it back to the ragare where you got it from, so they can take a look at it, presuming you are still within the warranty period.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I agree with Funky- diagnosing a non specific sound on a car is a nightmare

If its from front wing area, its suspension coils/shocks, poss top mounts, wheels/hubs/brakes, steering, bushes and joints..... all sorts really
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
        Can you get it back to the ragare where you got it from, so they can take a look at it, presuming you are still within the warranty period.
        Ragare?? Sorry that should say garage!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Yes I appreciate it was a long shot but with it being a random sound its difficult to track down.I bought the vehicle privately. I will get it up on the ramps later and see what I can discover and let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post

Ragare?? Sorry that should say garage!!
            thought you were on the falling down water. LOL
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Maybe we should all start posting in anagrams!
              Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

thought you were on the falling down water. LOL
                Nah - that's for Friday nights.... and maybe Saturday nights... and maybe... hic....

Comment

This post has helped me a lot in completing my social studies assignment. They have explained well about the ways of informal education in detail and also they can check at https://www.essaywritinglab.co.uk/assignment/ site to manage their tasks. They have the best knowledge and share valid and authentic content with us.

Comment

Originally posted by KimDow View Post
                    This post has helped me a lot in completing my social studies assignment. They have explained well about the ways of informal education in detail and also they can check at https://www.essaywritinglab.co.uk/assignment/ site to manage their tasks. They have the best knowledge and share valid and authentic content with us.
                    As I said to you last time - GO AWAY AND DON@T COME BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by KimDow View Post
                      get stuffed
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                      X