X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing chain replacement

Hi guys,

Can I have some input from you all.

I've been quoted £340 for chain kit and replacement. All by a Citroen master tech using Citroen parts.

Sound like a fair price?

Tom.

Is this for the timing chain replacement on a THP? Is that £340 in total fitted? If so, I think that's a decent price. I've heard of others paying double that!!
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Make sure they have the correct tools, and know what they are doing, as its a very pricey job to fix if all goes wrong
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Make sure they have the correct tools, and know what they are doing, as its a very pricey job to fix if all goes wrong
        Seconded!!
        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Yeah that's labour and parts. All will be done at a stoneacre garage, so all the correct tools. It's a 1.6 vti btw.

Comment

Crikey! That is a good price. My local Stoneacre would want £99 just to 'confirm the diagnosis' that a cam chain kit is needed!
            Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

My 20 year old Clio, that cost me £550, costs just over £600 to get the cambelt and aux belt changed. Every 5 years..... thankfully... and had it done last year
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
              X