Think I might need a new HPFP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I might need a new HPFP

Hey guys. Longtime lurker here! I bought my 2011 1.6 THP 155 just over a year ago and still love it! I've done a few mods which have elevated it and I'm pretty happy with it.....

Except for one thing. Since I bought the car it's had the intermittent rough idle issue. There was no real pattern to it and it didn't happen it that often so I've just put up with it.

The issue seems to have gotten worse now though. On cold starts it splutters quite often and tends to throws up an eml. The eml goes out by the end of the day and giving it a couple of gentle revs on a cold starts stops the eml from coming on. It doesn't happen on warm starts.

I've also had the odd power cut/stutter when the car is under load which leads me to think it's the HPFP. I haven't got a code reader to have been able to get the error codes so not sure what codes it's throwing up and I don't want to chuck it in a garage for diagnostics in case they can't get the eml to come on.

I'd love to hear anyone's advice as I'm assuming it's either going to be the HPFP or coked-up inlets and as they both not that cheap to do as prefer to get it right the first time lol.
    www.soundcloud.com/therealdmarco

how bout getting an ELM 327 off ebay, and downloading the Torque Pro App (Get the better one for £2.95) and that will at least read the code for you

Think you are thinking along the right lines- how many miles on the car, and any record of a walnut blast. Could be injectors, (Swap them around?)but sounds a bit more severe than that
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Sorry about the slow reply mate. I've been away for a few weeks. It's just ticked over 50k miles and it hasn't had a walnut blast. I think I'll take your advise at least to get the exact code.

If it does turn out to be the HPFP is it worth risking sourcing a post 2012 second hand one? I've read that their was a revision to them in 2012, at least for the Minis. Or would I be better off just getting brand new?

Comment

I decided to fit a new one from Neo Brothers - It came in a plastic bag but they assured me that it is a genuine OEM
        Brand New Genuine High Pressure Fuel Pump Compatible with the following: PEUGEOT 207 1.6 16V RC - 07-16 PEUGEOT 207CC 1.6 TURBO - 06-16 PEUGEOT 207SW 1.6 TURBO - 07-16 PEUGEOT 3008 1.6THP - 09-16 PEUGEOT 308 1.6 160BHP 07-16 PEUGEOT 308CC 1.6 - 09-16 PEUGEOT 308SW 1.6 - 07-16 PEUGEOT 5008 1.6 - 09-16 PEUGEOT 508 1.6THP - 10-16 PEUGEOT 508SW - 10-16 PEUGEOT RCZ 1.6 16V - 10-16 CITROEN C4 -1.6 THP 155 - 09-16 CITROEN C4 COUPE - 1.6 THP 150 - 08-11 CITROEN C4 GRAND PICASSO - 1.6THP 150 16V - 08-16 CITROEN C4 I - 1.6 THP140 - 08-13 C4 PICASSO I - 1.6 16V 08-13 C4 PICASSO I - 1.6 THP140 - 08-13 C4 PICASSO I - 1.6THP 155 - 10-13 C4 - 1.6 THP 155 - 09-16 CITROEN DS3 - 1.6 THP155 - 10-15 CITROEN DS3 -1.6 THP150 - 10-15 DS4 - 1.6 THP155 - 11-15 DS4 - 1.6 THP160 - 12-15 DS5 - 1.6 THP 155 - 11-15.
        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Forgot to say - I had various codes but the clincher was looking at the fuel pressure live data with an i970 scanner.
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Thanks for the link mate. Were your symptoms similar to mine?

Comment

So I picked up an ELM 327 and checked the stored codes. I cleared the codes so I can't remember exactly what they were. One stated cylinder 2 misfire and the other stated an issue with fuel rail pressure. I ran some live monitoring on the fuel pressure and got this screenshot on one of the rough idles. When idling normally it was around 4000-5000 kPa. I'm guessing this is all pointing towards the HPFP?

Attached Files

Comment

Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor - P0087. Is definitely your HPFP, had the same code a few weeks ago. Did the replacement myself, its any easy job to do

Comment

Thanks man. Yea it does look pretty simple to do. Did you take your battery out to get to it or did you manage to do it with it still In place?

Comment

Hi Marco,

Yes i took the whole battery (including the case) out of my car to reach the HPFP properly.

Comment

Damn, I was hoping I could've squeezed it out
                      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Looks like I might need one too. Threw a EML and went into limp mode. I have an old code reader so plugged it in and it was a P0087 code.

Reset it and it has worked fine for almost a month with using it daily. It has just done it again.

Wondering whether to check filter or just go for the HPFP. It's a 13 plate Airdream HDi 1.6 110.

Any advice?

Comment

How do you unpressurise the fuel line or just undo it?

Comment

As mine was faulty there wasn't a lot of pressure build up luckily. I just undid the high pressure line first with a towel wrapped around it.

Comment

Working...
                            X