Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 DSport THP 155 Engine Faulty Warning

Hi,

I have the 2011 DSport+155 THP, which has done 43k miles.

Engine warning light came on the other day with "Engine Fault - Repair Needed". Currently still driving exactly like it was before, but obviously something I need to have looked at.

Not really had any issues with the car, only things that I've noticed are that it's a bit slow in 2nd gear range. The acceleration feels the most in 3rd around once hitting about 60, then feels like there is jump in power and it gets going. Other issue being very occasionally in 5th-6th cruising at 60-70 range and put my foot down, there sometimes is a 1 second small shudder and gap in power.

Any idea or advise gratefully received. I don't really want to go into garage or dealer completely blind if they going to need to plug it in.

Thanks.

Looks like you need a decoke walnut blast. I have the same problem and I am going to have it booked in at sp tuning.

Comment

I did wonder if that would be the case...

I'm down in Kent though, and it's my daily driver.

Not seen anywhere down my way that does it as yet.

Comment

I am the same I live in the Scottish Borders but I am going to doa road trip down to sp tuning as they come highly recommend

Comment

walnut blast- SPTuning
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cheers - is driving round with the warning light going to being an issue?

Comment

Don't guess what's wrong, get yourself an OBD scanner or get someone to read the codes for you.

my car had similar symptoms last week at 49,000 miles - two stored codes both relating to the downstream lambda sensor. A replacement fixed it
              Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                Cheers - is driving round with the warning light going to being an issue?
                That's up to you- I wouldnt

Altho I turn them off, and if they come back on within a few miles, I get the car looked at

The last warning light cost me £380!

Trials and tribulations of any car I suppose

Another eason I always got new cars- this one is used as I have a track car to deal with, which is bleeding expensive

your issue could also be HPFP, Injectors, fuel filter etc etc...…………...
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                X