New tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyres

before you all jump out n scream " SEARCH BOX" i had a look n cant find anythin relatin to this .
    what prices have we been getting for new tyres mainly the 205/45/17 v`s ? i keep gettin quotes of £150 per cornor for better make tyres n lower as the quality lowers. think i got a steal of a deal at a place near work but wanted to check first. also is it strange tht i am needin new tyres around 10,000 ? heavy foot?

I got a pair of Bridgestones for 247 quid to match the originals, I got 23000 miles from mine.
    I couldn't fix yer brakes so I made your horn louder!

Comment

When I needed tyres on my THP I think it was around 12000 ish! I got toyo proxes T1R's but I got 205/40/17 because you pay a lot more for 205/45/17 :-/ Duno why!

Comment

Hi Karl,

Umm sounds interesting, just a thought (not being funny I assure you....):
        • Is the change in size still safe?
        • Are you risking your insurance being invalid if you've not got exactly the same size tyres as was supplied by the manufacturer originally?
        • Have you still got a 88V speed rating? (I presume so).

Regards,
        Clive.
        CL11 VEP 2011 Former DSport Plus 150THP Sport Red, now something else.......
        DS3 Club's Former Resident OCD Detailer!

Comment

I just got 4 Yokohama Parada Spec 2 Tyre for £143. In 205/45/r17 but I had get thm fitted.

Have look
          http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/tyres-2

But thay will fit them to

Comment

I go to 'mytyre.co.uk' they have everything and u can even get them sent to a local garage where they will fit them. Just put your reg in and it'll bring up all tyres that fit your car, hope that helps
            Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

Hi Clive,
              Well I don't know if I'm honest :-/ but I was driving with them on for 6000 miles and they were awesome! Being an enthusiastic driver and I heard soo many good reviews on them. I didn't think I had to inform insurance about the change with it being just a wear and tear thing, I'm going to look into this now.
              Oh and the car handled a lot better with the Toyos thumbs up there

Comment

Matt, have you tried Britannia Tyres in Abbots Lane in Cov?

I always found them to be cheapest in the area.

DST

Comment

yh ive used them for last 4 -5 times ive needed tyres on other cars but first set im gettin for ds so shoppin around. I was at BMTR in coleshill other day sortin tyre on work van n got a price for them there which blew anythin else out the water so very close to gettin some there. ill double check with these again tho cheers bud

Comment

be interesting to see who on here gets the most miles out of the front tires. ive been enjoying the slippy conditions too much so i reckon by summer il need some, but its looking like the 18000 mile mark. im thinking of using www.blackcircles.com although they dont seem to stock bridgestones. i get a 10% discount off them as well through work. will get some qoutes from the local small companies and bigger ones before though.

Comment

I managed 23k on the fronts in my THP.

Must be slowing down in my old age - or maybe all those years behind the wheel has taught me how to drive quickly without ragging the tyres.

Comment

38,000 Still On My 1st Set Of Rears,

On Either My 4th Or 5th Pair Of Fronts...

Comment

12 k my first pair on the front :rolleyes:

Comment

Toyo proxes £180 pair
                            Avon £195 pair
                            Evergreen £140 fitted / pair
                            ?????
                            ideas ,opinions ?

Comment

I'm a toyo man myself like

Comment

Working...