No announcement yet.

New tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing already 40.000km on my front, and think they will last for 15k so think 55k in totall with the front one's on my THP
    DS3 THP Sport Chic Blanc Banquise / Noir Onyx - Forge Pipe Kit - Forge Induction Kit - Forge Recirculating Valve - Custom Intercooler - H&R 25mm

Comment

55,000 km on the front of a THP!!!!

I've never had tyres on anything that lasted that long - including a diesel Picasso and a 1.1 litre Punto!
      Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Even my late-lamented 2CV with its mighty 32 bhp wore its tyres out more quickly like that (although I did corner it on the door-handles... )

Comment

did we ever work out if this is ok to do change from 45 to 40. i can save £40 on 2 new tyres if i drop to 40

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
            did we ever work out if this is ok to do change from 45 to 40. i can save £40 on 2 new tyres if i drop to 40
            Just wondering if £40 is worth the hassle of placing non standard tyres on

I mean whats £40 in comparison to the price of the car- and theres only 4 places
            the car sticks to the road!

CBLUE
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

This might help you Matt

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm
              DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Always used "Event Tyres" myself.
                sigpic

Comment

I did use etyres about 18 months ago & they were very competitive price wise, also the service was very good. However I suggested that link because the tyre size calculator is very easy to use and would show Matt that fitting 40's instead of 45's is not recommended as the difference in diameter is outside the recommended +/- 2.5%
                  DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

I'm currently shopping around for some as my fronts are approaching the limit. :rolleyes:
                    Done a few hundred over 18k, which isn't too bad considering the amount of motorway and 'leisure' miles! :redface:

Not sure what brand to go for, or if spending more would be worth it! Thoughts?
                    As with Matt, am looking to spend no more than £150 per corner.

Comment

The toyo's mentioned are 90 each on mytyres in the correct size:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...ort=P&dsco=110

Compared to the stock bridgestones at 120 each??!! I've also heard good things about the proxes so might be going for those next time round.
                      Last edited by stefw; 01-04-2012, 23:52.

Comment

They sound like a winner, heard good things as well and a good price!

I went to my dealer to see how much a like for like set was, think they wanted around £140 a wheel.

Comment

Working...
                        X