Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puretech Cold start up rattle/tappy

hi all

REF: Puretech 1.2 110. 2015, Ds3 DStyle Nav, 23k, full history and oil level is full.

Question:
    Every morning when the engine is cold after overnight park and in the Aug/sept 15 degree night temps.

The car sounds terrible with a rattle and tappy like a diesel but worse. I know it’s not the rattle of death as that’s the 1.6 THP engine I had in my old Mini.

i have only had the car a week and have asked the garage and the car is under 2 years warranty so not a major issue.

When its warm around 2-4 mins later it sounds like the normal 3 cylinder growl and drive superb!

i went to listen to my Dad’s Crossland x Vauxhall’s that has the same engine from The Peugeot Group as his is. 19 plate brand new. However on cold startup his sounds fine.

So I have asked the garage as they had the car for niggles for two days to listen to it on cold start up and they say it’s fine, but it’s a ford garage not a Citroen garage. (Normal sounds till the oil reaches the top!)

ANY others with this? Is it normal?

I WILL ask the garage again to ask a DS dealer about it.

However if if I am still unsure it might make me feel ok about it if others with the same engine have the same noises.

Hi, so I just bought a 2017 1.2 DS 3 puretech and mines does the exact same. It sounds worse than a diesel on start up and does go away once the car is a bit warmer but definitely doesn't sound healthy. Put it back to the dealership to be told its a 3 cylinder engine so they are noisier and its a normal noise.

Not sure I believe that think they saw female and thought lets tell her anything. Also the engine feels quite juddery and on checking the oil they have filled it well above the max line so wondering if that could be the issue.

Did you get anywhere with the rattle/tappy noise?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X