Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace stop-start battery

It’s time to replace my battery on my 1.6 e-hdi with stop start

is it just a simple battery swap or does anything have to be reprogrammed before I disconnect the old one?

cant help am afraid- but my stop start has stopped working so it wont be long till I give it a go

From what I remember the battery has a cover which has to be removed- saw a video on u tube a while back

Cant imagine you have to reset anything, but then by changing the battery you will be resetting the ECU anyway

Give it a go :-) I will
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by nofuse View Post
      It’s time to replace my battery on my 1.6 e-hdi with stop start

is it just a simple battery swap or does anything have to be reprogrammed before I disconnect the old one?
      Hi- what did you end up getting- and any tips for me

My battery just died on my stop/start 1.6 Dsport
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post

Hi- what did you end up getting- and any tips for me

My battery just died on my stop/start 1.6 Dsport
        Hi,

I didn't replace mine in the end I brought a battery maintainer which brought my battery back to life. However I did strip the cover off just to see what battery was installed and how easy it was to change. I followed the guide here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfAeFFuDDE0

The original battery installed in mine was a Varta AGM L3 VRLA 12V70Ah 760A (EN) 9678006180, new equivalent is Silver Dynamic AGM 570 901 076 which retails for about £125.

Comment

Originally posted by nofuse View Post

Hi,

I didn't replace mine in the end I brought a battery maintainer which brought my battery back to life. However I did strip the cover off just to see what battery was installed and how easy it was to change. I followed the guide here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfAeFFuDDE0

The original battery installed in mine was a Varta AGM L3 VRLA 12V70Ah 760A (EN) 9678006180, new equivalent is Silver Dynamic AGM 570 901 076 which retails for about £125.
          Thanks for the info. My battery been on the edge for a while, so ended up spending £140 on a new one. Although now having read your post, might have given the maintainer a go

Also: I keep getting "invalid page URL " coming up when I try to returm private messages- so I cant reply to yours. Thanks again tho :-)

There is a good battery change thread on the ds3gbuk clubsite if anyone needs one- loads pics too.
          Last edited by Chris_Blue; 02-01-2020, 20:21.
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
          X