Gearbox crunch first gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox crunch first gear

I have. 2015 DS3 with 16000 miles on the clock. Whilst attempting to select first gear speeds around 5 mph am getting a crunch. The clutch is correctly depressed. Do these gearboxes have an issue with their syncromesh?
    unfortunately this I my sons car and he only reported to me after the manufacturer warranty expired, issue been with car some time, as you can see it gets very little use. I’ve driven it this week and noticed problem

regards

gary

Is it the 6-speed or 5-speed gearbox? I've had both, 5-speed on the 120VTi and now the 6-speed on the 1.6l THP, and I feel like 1st is sometimes goes in with a bit of a clunk. Not really drastic, but just a bit less smooth than the others and can feel it in the stick.

Comment

it is well known to have a clunky gearbox, yes. Sometimes they can be quite difficult
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks for the responses, it’s a 5 speed 120vti. I know a lot about cars been building classic cars for 40 years, it not a gear engaging clunk it’s syncromesh or lack of. Most manufacturers stopped making cars without first gear syncromesh in the 1960’s. Typical Citreon, no longevity am thinking its gearbox out on a 16000 mile car.
        Was just wondering if there was something fundamentally wrong with the ds3’s or I just need to bight the bullet and get on with it

Comment

Working...
        X