Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel/Fuel Filter info

Hi People
    So doing service on the car next week and got all parts but short one part and need some info on that.
    I got OEM part numbers where I found cross reference parts.
    Oil Filter I managed to get FRAM filter , Pollen Filter I got FRAM Pollen Filters ,Air Filter I have BMC cone anyway. Here in South Africa we know FRAM quality is just as good as OEM but half the price.
    Oil I got 5L Liqui Moly 5w30 TopTec 4300. I have used Liqui Moly in all my cars and always had good results from the brand.

Diesel/Fuel filter...
    Last it was change was by previous owner on 59000km in 2015. car has 120000km now. I know that the car was standing for awhile as previous owner had a company vehicle to use.
    Problem is I have the OEM part nr but I can not find any cross reference or any info on this thing. Whats the intervals on the filter? Is there any aftermarket brand that supply them? If the car doesnt give any signs of fueling issues do I really have to change the filter or can it be treated with a fuel cleaner or Octane booster? The OEM filter almost gave me heart attack when they gave me a price and dont know if I can actually afford it right now.
    Also DPF .... my main enemy..
    Ive heard and seen that DPF's need additive? Does this need to be topped up in intervals or what?

Please guys all info and opinions will be much appreciated

Oh sorry.
    Car details:
    DS3 1.6 eHDI 90style
    2013 model
    119672km
    Engine Code: DV6DTED with DPF & CAT

Comment

Working...
    X