X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 eHDI Service done

So Service done on the DS3:
    Mileage at 124810km
    Drained the oil and removed oil filter and found that the oil was extremely black and filter doesnt seem like it was replaced 10 000km ago.
    Is that normal for diesel for oil to be so black after that mileage?
    Anyway replaced the oil filter with FRAM filter and the cap seal (Oil Filter Part nr - CH9657ECO)
    New copper washer on sump plug (Copper Washer was odd size) and secured it.
    Oil used was Valvoline 5w40 Premium Blue (Recommended by Cummins) used about 4Liters
    CAI just washer the filter in warm soapy water , Let it dry out properly and lubed with BMC filter spray lube.
    Checked Pollen filters which were still 100%
    As I found the Fuel Filter and they had no stock I decided Ill do filter next service and instead used a bottle of NF Diesel Octane Boost & Fuel Cleaner and filled up a tank of 10ppm Diesel.
    Funny that again the DPF Clogging error AGAIN popped up just before I stopped at home and said Ill Regen after the service and after the service without doing Regen it just has not popped up again....How is it possible that it just disappeared?
    Anyway service light has not come on yet but is there a way to reset the service light before it comes on to keep it in sync with the service intervals?

Yes, when I changed my oil and filter, the oil was really black. Apparently that's normal for diesels

DPF Clogging filter will need a forced regeneration- I had one of those recently too. If you go to a professional supplier of that service, you should get a 12 month guarantee- that's what I did

Reset service light. I believe there is a way of resetting via the stalks and other buttons- have a look at utube, or google it
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks Chris
      Managed to reset it. Very easy and quick.
      Went to Citroen SA and they did a forced Regeneration and gave me 12 months which after a month DPF clogged error popped up again.
      And when I do regenaration like book suggests and online suggests and nothing works. The only way I can do regenaration is when I go highway late night when theres no cars and go flat taps on the highway for like 7-10km then is goes away.. then after a month same issue.
      Its just irritating have to do this twice a month or have to go to dealership every month for this. So talking to the dealerships to assist to delete the DPF on ECU and Ill put my 76mm stainless downpipe on. But its a fight I will win eventually as in South Africa we dont need DPF or CAT..

Comment

No DPF or Cat. Wow. Illegal in UK. You can remove it in UK, but when the yearly check comes round you have to put it back in

Did they check/replace the DPF sensor- mine was replaced which i guess prevented an automatic regeneration
        I will find out in a few months no doubt

Have u tried using a DPF cleaner every few months? I use Cataclean and hoping that will help

sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

just did my edhi110 oil change (5w-30) 3.8 litres, and oil filter

u have to remove air intake duct from front of bonnet to get to oil filter removal cover (27mm socket) and its a PITA

now got the fun of resetting the service light
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
          X