Cruise control and gear change indicator bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise control and gear change indicator bust

So I have had my 13 plate for a few years now, never had any faults with systems or electrics before - recently my blowers stopped working and it was discovered that the connection in the connect block had a bad connection and had started melting the block... did a short term fix on this but can’t have heating blowers above 2. Since doing this cruise control now says impossible - and I just get the dashes, or if it does work it will start speeding up rapidly and then bottom out and turn off and show up as paused (but I haven’t touched anything) then today the gear change indicator is no longer displaying - I am pretty bad driver so it comes up most of the time normally - but on a hour journey, no sign of it at all! What is going on - could this be to do with the wiring loom and part melted block?

Firstly, the gear change indication is only suggested for best fuel economy. You're not a bad driver for seeing those hints

Funny things happening in your electrical systems after a connector block has melted. Sounds like good reasoning, but someone else will know better than me in here.

Comment

could be anything really, electronics can become temperamental after a few years, especially if there has been some faulty connections
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
      X