Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf ds3 2013

Hi

I have a engine fault light come up and the AA advise rhe DPF requires regeneration or changing, 1st of all how do you clean the DPF and on the other note where is the DPF location?

Thanks

best to take it to a professional- think RAC is around £85. I had mine done recently at Citroen and it was bloody pricey. My sensor needed replacing too

DPF cleaning is drive at relatively high speed for a good 20minutes.

there is a thread on here somewhere detailing where then DPF location is, think its in the engine bay somewhere down the exhaust outlet, but I dont know precisely where, and haven't replaced it myself before
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi Ant1211 and welcome. I agree with Chris_Blue , if it's clogged you need to get it cleaned by a professional. Plenty of places do it now, but Citroën is pricey. Terraclean franchised garages do it, but I don't know how good they are.

To keep the dpf clear in the future, ensure you do a good 20 minute burn down the motorway at least once a fortnight to burn out the carbon deposits, as it allows the dpf to heat up sufficiently to burn out the cack.

As for dpf info, have a look at Bigfeet's repository here:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/d...uments-for-ds3

It's the video at the top of the page.
      Last edited by Funky; 19-01-2020, 18:33.
      DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
      X