Exhaust type blowing/ Vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust type blowing/ Vibration

Had an issue start about 3 weeks ago on the way home from work one evening on my 1.6 Hdi. After the engine had properly warmed up I noticed a noise similar to a blowing exhaust and some slight vibration at low revs (up to 1700rpm). Booked it in with Freeborn in southampton (via the lease company) who said the intercooler had a split in it that was causing the problem and replaced it. Driving the car back home the same issue happened, when the engine is cold you don't get it but when it's properly up to normal running temperature the "blowing" and vibration is back. It almost as though the exhaust gets up to temperature and expands something is loosening, I can't think what else it could be.

Anyone else have this problem or heard of it before? I'm gearing up to get the lease company to book it in again but I have a feeling it'll be one of those "there isn't a problem with the car sir..." type situations.

Alain

Sorry Mate, Wish I Could Help But I Think Your The 1st With This ?

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit of a weird one. I'll see what the dealer has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by thx1138 View Post
        when the engine is cold you don't get it but when it's properly up to normal running temperature the "blowing" and vibration is back. It almost as though the exhaust gets up to temperature and expands something is loosening, I can't think what else it could be.

That sounds like a possible explanation. I'd go back to the dealer & ask them to do another check with the engine thoroughly warmed up.

Comment

If it was a split intercooler, thered also be a slight power loss and black smoke

Same if its an air leak on the induction system, thered be an increase in black exhaust smoke on acceleration
          63 Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi S Line
          X Sunflower Yellow Clio 172
          12 Audi A1 2.0 TDi Black Edition
          61 DS3 DSport Plus THP
          60 RenaultSport Clio CUP 200
          02 RenaultSport Clio 172
          04 RenaultSport Clio 182
          51 RenaultSport Clio 172

Comment

Hi.im not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.
            I have just joined the forum in the hope someone can help with a problem with a 1.6 hdi that has developed a nasty knock when cold.been told its injector knock after using some cheap deisel but don't know.
            the knock is less noticeable when she warms up.
            any help would be appreciated.thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Transporter1
              Hi.im not sure if I'm posting this in the right place.
              I have just joined the forum in the hope someone can help with a problem with a 1.6 hdi that has developed a nasty knock when cold.been told its injector knock after using some cheap deisel but don't know.
              the knock is less noticeable when she warms up.
              any help would be appreciated.thanks.
              Try creating a new thread, that way you'll have a thread dedicated to what you are asking about and the best people for the job can help you!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
              DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Working...
              X