Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Seized

Hi!

I have a DS3 1.2 Puretech and got this almost 4 years ago now on a lease. While on lease it never gave me any problems, however I paid off my balloon payment last June and ever since I have had a nightmare with it. Constant problems with the oil light coming on, the oil pressure light and the switch being changed then an oil leak which was all 'fixed' however for the last two months nearly it has been in limp and in and out of a garage, the guy having no idea whats wrong. Until today when the engine seized due to low oil pressure!!

I now need a whole new engine, Citroen will charge upwards of £5000, the car isn't even worth that money anymore. My mechinic has told me this is a known fault, does anyone agree with this?

I'm just at a loss with what to do, my mechanic is also going to give me a quote to strip the engine and rebuild. Has anyone else had this and how much was it to rectify?

Am surprised with all those warning lights your mechanic couldn't identify what was wrong- as those lights may have indicated the seized engine (Oil leak fixed???)

I dont know much about the 1.2 unit,.

Did you take it to a Citroen dealer for its maintenance?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

It sounds like everytime they ran a diagnostics on it, a range of different problems popped up and in previous pressure checks it was fine.

The first 3 services were with citroen however the last one was a general garage

Comment

its a bit shutting the door after the horse has bolted, but shows the worth of ongoing warranty

I had Warrantywise for a year after I bought my used DS3 edhi110 and it was fine. Didnt renew, and the vehicle cost me £800 for various things the year after, some of which may well have been covered by the warranty I hadn't renewed. Pays yer money etc etc....

You will have to crack the figures to see if its worth replacing engine (I would go for a used one) and then sell it, or just sell as is and be honest about the engine.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
        X