Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3 Battery Charging (Trickle Charging?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Battery Charging (Trickle Charging?)

I am an old git, and during the current emergency, I have been advised to remain indoors for the next 12 weeks, or until somebody in authority tells me I can go out again.
    I will therefore not be using either of my two vehicles for some considerable time.
    My Fiat based motorhome is not  a problem as I can connect it directly to the mains and run the internal charger which deals with the vehicle battery and the leisure battery.
    BUT;
    If the battery on my 9 year old DS3 goes flat, what is the best course of action?
    The battery is the original, and is therefore also 9 years old.
    The vehicle is not used for many long journeys, it is mainly used for local shopping trips.
    Should I disconnect the battery now, and leave it on a trickle charge on my work bench?
    OR,
    Should I wait until I next use the car, and see if the battery is flat, and then charge it?
    Can the battery be charged in situ without disconnecting it?
    If the battery is disconnected, especially for a long period, will there be any problems with any of the electronic equipment when the time comes to reconnect it.
    I am well versed in mechanical engineering, but the electronic side of things is a bit of a mystery to me.
    Any advice would be welcome.
    Citroen DS3 1.6HDI – 90HP
    Check Out - http://www.youtube.com/user/BravosUK/videos - If you've nowt better to do !
    "DS3 Black and White HDi 90"

On my motorbikes (some of which) aren't used for 9 months i put each battery on a 24 hrs trickle charge once each month and the batteries then last a long-long time. Same will apply to lead/acid car batteries. I leave 5he batteries on the bikes when charging them.

Comment

trickle charge it- mind u its a hassle taking it out

Keep safe
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
      X