Chrome door trim falling off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome door trim falling off

Hi the chrome drivers door trim has fallen off my ds3. There are two holes in the bodywork that are slots for two clips that are part of the chrome door trim. One has sheared off and is inside my door. I took the door interior out but couldn't find the clip and I dont think its accessible.

So I guess I've got two questions:

Will the little plastic clip stuck inside the bottom of my door cause any issues?

And should I try and make some sort of clip for the trim or just try to stick it back on with double sided tape ?

Hi

Chrome door strips are called "Baguettes" (True)

Question 1: No- its plastic so wont corrode
    2: You can get the clips, little square things which you twist and push in. Try ebay. Bag full of clips be about £5.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi theres no clips on it just a adhesive strip and the two holes and the everything else is molded on to the baguette. Have they changed the design or something ?

Comment

Must have- mine were 2011 and 2013 models- although its been a while since I took them off to plastidip them on my 2 previous DS3s

Maybe i am getting my vehicles mixed up?
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 16-04-2020, 19:53.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Maybe they changed it when the brand became ds? I've got some double sided tape do you reckon it could hold it ?

Comment

double sided tape will come away after a certain period of time

How about silicone- after setting that would hold indefinitley
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'll look into it thanks

Comment

Working...
              X