Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towbar Electrics

Hi,
    I am about to fit a towbar to my 2012 DS3 HDi 110. The car is fitted with parking sensors, however these should not cause a problem as I can switch them off whilst towing.

Has anybody got a guide for fitting the 7 pin electrics to the car please?

Thanks
    Mick

Are you planning to fit a dedicated kit or a bypass relay? If you are only towing a light trailer then a 7 pin kit with a bypass relay would be adequate. These don't usually switch the rear parking sensors off, but as you say these can be switched off in the options menu. As far as wiring a bypass relay is concerned a Google search will throw up several useful links. If you go for a dedicated kit I would suggest you look at someone like PFJones. There are usually links for fitting instructions there. When I had a DS3 I opted for a genuine Citroen kit to avoid any warranty issues. It took about half a day to fit as you have to rip out loads of trim! Additionally, you will need to get a dealer to activate the towbar electrics.

Comment

I think I will fit a dedicated kit as they only seem to be about 30-40 euros more expensive.

Comment

Working...
      X