X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Wheel Fit for Boot Space

Hi all,

Many years since I last came here!

My 2013 DS3 has the goo-based tyre kit, which sits inside a wheel shaped space in the boot well.

My question is does this space fit a full sized full-use spare wheel, or will it only fit a small "get me home" space-saver wheel?

Thanks!

Apologies, I may have just found my answer here:

https://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/...re-info-please

It seems that yes, you can fit a full sized wheel in there, but it just raises the boot floor by an inch. I will work around that by making a new false floor myself with carpet just for the duration of the long trip which I need the spare wheel for!

Comment

Well, for anyone who may have the same problem in the future and who might find this thread via google searches, I will update and say that the answer is YES! you can easily fit a full size spare wheel (17” Bellone alloy & tyre) into the wheel well in the boot.

I know because mine arrived today off eBay!

The boot carpet liner is raised by about an inch. The wheel actually needs to be packed with a folded rag as the well is actually bigger than the diameter of the wheel, to stop it moving under heavy braking etc.

There is enough space inside the allow to store a scissor jack, tools, air pump and first aid kit amongst other things.

hope this is help to anyone in future.

Comment

Thanks ACH5 - I've bought a brand new 185/65 x 15 spare wheel off ebay for ?50 which is the spare used by PSA in most of their cars which fits perfectly as well, thanks for the heads up :-)

Comment

Working...
        X