Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the "normal" revs?

Good Afternoon,

I bought an 11 plate DS3 1.6 Petrol at the weekend. My first DS3 and I am used to driving a 2005 2.0 Diesel Volvo so not sure what is normal for this car.

I have noticed when going 70mph my revs sit about 3500 rpm. Is this normal?

I have searched the Internet to no avail.

Thank you in advance.

Hi JIMMY23 and welcome to the club and forum. Depends what gear you are doing 70mph in.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Funky,

2nd gear...haha...seriously though 5th gear. I exaggerated it is closer to 3000 rpm but I am used to a 6 gear Diesel which never ventured passed 2000 rpm max.

Comment

Funky Not sure if you need the info but it is the DStyle Plus.

Comment

Your old diesel is a very much lower reving engine as all diesels tend to be. The revs you suggest are about right for a petrol engine most of which can go to much higher revs than any diesel. Its part of the reason that diesels tend to use less fuel although petrol engines tend to produce more top end power.

Comment

Originally posted by IanHurley View Post
            Your old diesel is a very much lower reving engine as all diesels tend to be. The revs you suggest are about right for a petrol engine most of which can go to much higher revs than any diesel. Its part of the reason that diesels tend to use less fuel although petrol engines tend to produce more top end power.
            Thanks IanHurley it has put my mind at rest. Its been a while since I have been in a petrol.

Comment

Working...
            X