Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in footwell - not scuttle or aircon

Hi

So started getting a trickle of water down the left hand side by the clutch of the footwell. At first thought it was aircon related, so stopped using it and it still happened. Then read some threads on here about running the AC on full pelt to see if that brought on the drip - nothing. Lots of wet weather lately though and I drive around 2-3 hours a day with work. Finally found it only runs when it's raining. Read more threads and despite instructions, couldn't figure out how to clear the scuttle drain so took it to my local garage today. Guy says drain is clear and it's the heating matrix, probably rainwater coming in via a pipe or something.... they don't fix these, go back to the dealer.

I am literally clueless about this stuff and have never dealt with anyone but the local garage who looks after a clueless female and I trust. So he advises I contact Citroen... first off, my DS3 is DS Automobiles, not Citroen... not sure if that's relevant??? Secondly, the Evans Halshaw Citroen I bought it from last October is closed. So, I call the next nearest EH Citroen who tells me it's ?89 to book it in for diagnostics.

Is this normal? I appreciate it's not under warranty (it's a 2015) but payment up front just to look at it? If it is normal, then fine... but also is this where I should be sending it at all?

Please help a girl out! Worried about being ripped off...

Also, any ideas on what's going on with it, cost to fix, anything I can do or get someone to do?

TIA
Working...
X