Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else had problems with a 1.6HDI engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else had problems with a 1.6HDI engine?

On friday driving home accelerated, no power, whoosh sound and whining when accelerating. Turbo pipe had some off afters eal had split.
    Garage is now talking about the turbo going but not wanting to replace the turbo due to needing to do x/y/z as well involving a full flush of the engine (and there are bits that cannot be cleaned??

Engine management light has triggered the info – “anti pollution” fault

1.6 hdi 2008 DS3 91k miles serviced when meant too
    6.7 powerstroke oil

I had a whining and whooshing sound when accelerating, so took it to Halfrauds who diagnosed knackered Turbo and wanted ?1200 to put it right

I decided to pay the ?130 by getting Citroen dealer to look at it, and they told me that Turbo problems are either air or oil

Turned out to be air, as a pipe was off hidden away somewhere. They told me where (With a video showing where) and I fixed it myself, as Citroen wanted about ?500 to strip the whole front of the car off, remove intercooler, 4 hrs labour blah, blah, blah

It was a PITA job, but did it myself.

EDIT: Never got round to it, but you can buy Turbo cleaners you spray into air intake
    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 28-09-2020, 18:58.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by morinder33 View Post
      On friday driving home accelerated, no power, whoosh sound and whining when accelerating. Turbo pipe had some off afters eal had split.
      Garage is now talking about the turbo going but not wanting to replace the turbo due to needing to do x/y/z as well involving a full flush of the engine (and there are bits that cannot be cleaned??

1.6 hdi 2008 DS3 91k miles serviced when meant too
      you are posting the same question on another forums. i think you did get your answer am i right?

Comment

Originally posted by morinder33 View Post
        On Friday driving home accelerated, no power, whoosh sound, and whining when accelerating. Turbo pipe had some off afters eal had split.
        The garage is now talking about the turbo going but not wanting to replace the turbo due to needing to do x/y/z as well involving a full flush of the engine (and there are bits that cannot be cleaned??

1.6 HDI 2008 DS3 91k miles serviced when meant too
        no response.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
          I had a whining and whooshing sound when accelerating, so took it to Halfrauds who diagnosed knackered Turbo and wanted? 1200 to put it right

Did I decide to pay the? 130 by getting Citroen dealer to look at it, and they told me that Turbo problems are either air or oil

Turned out to be air, as a pipe was off hidden away somewhere. They told me where (With a video showing where) and I fixed it myself, as Citroen wanted about? 500 to strip the whole front of the car off, remove intercooler, 4 hrs labor blah, blah, blah

It was a PITA job but did it myself.

EDIT: Never got round to it, but you can buy Turbo cleaners you spray into air intake
          basically. I am also looking for this question's answer.

vehicletreat

Comment

Originally posted by feng090 View Post

you are posting the same question on another forums. i think you did get your answer am i right?
            You wont get a response- the question was posted over a year ago

However- i am guessing you are an automated spammer

sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by feng090 View Post

basically. I am also looking for this question's answer.

vehicletreat
              What do you mean. I am not asking a question in the post you quote. - so there isnt an answer

But again- i suspect you are an Automated Regular Spammer

ARS
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
              X