Voltage Regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage Regulator

Hi team. Trying to work out where the voltage regulator is located on my 2011 THP. Google is being really unhelpful!

Any thoughts?

Ive never needed access to it

But if I had to, would start by looking in line with the wiring from the battery, trace the cabling.

Would guess it is somewhere in the engine compartment, and I would start looking at the firewall/ bulkhead area around the air filter box.

Of course it could be behind the dashboard, which would be a real PITA

Cant think where else it would be- near the fuse boxes, one below glovebox, and the other in engine bay

Anyway- thats where i would start

What you want it for- have you diagnosed any faults you have with a code reader?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

On most modern cars voltage regulation is managed by the ECU. Its an emissions thing where charge rates can be reduced in summer giving less emissions. Not sure about yours but its the system most cars use now

Comment

I think that separate voltage regulators more or less went out with the Ark. I can recall having one of these on my MGB!

As above the voltage is likely controlled by the ECU
        Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Yep, the ECU controls the output of the alternator,
          Regards,

Simon

2011 DS3 DSport (Sport Red with Onyx Black Roof).
          2014 208 GTi (Calado Blue).

Comment

Working...
          X