Engine Oil Pressure Fault Stop The Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Oil Pressure Fault Stop The Vehicle

Hi everyone, I’m hoping someone can help me - I’m not having the best day so far!

I have a 66 plate DS3 with a Puretech 1.2 110 S&S engine with 26,500 miles.

Over the past few weeks my car has been telling me all of my tyres are under inflated which is incorrect as I’ve checked them a lot. (Not sure if this is relevant)

Once this fault stopped, I started receiving an error saying ‘Engine Fault: Get the engine repaired’ which would come on periodically. It disappeared for about a week until yesterday when it come back and was accompanied by a new message saying ‘Engine oil pressure fault: get engine repaired’.

So I drove straight to the garage and popped it in for diagnostics, the garage checked it out and they said they think it’s just playing up with it being so cold (we’re in Scotland and it’s been 0 or below for most of the week). The reader was saying it was a sporadic error.

Fast forward to today, I drove along my street and onto the next and my car started kangaroo hopping with an error saying it was an engine oil pressure fault and to stop the car. Luckily the garage is 2 mins down the road from me so I managed to make it there. The car is in now and is now showing a permanent fault on the reader now but the garage aren’t sure what’s wrong, so going to contact Citroen and try to work out what’s up.

Has anyone had similar and can advise what the issue was please? It’s out of warranty so I’m terrified it needs something major done!

Thank you if you made it this far

Working...
X